Bug Exploit - MVP Kill

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
Atrix

Bug Exploit - MVP Kill

Post by Atrix »

Hi,

Came here to report this player "PunchesThings" who intentionally exploits the bug of MVP kill.

Basically, he casts Asura Strike to the MVP, and teleports back to town before the MVP kill announcement.

He did it multiple times below:
Tomb.png
Tomb.png (153.85 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Now, you can see the last kill in the MVP tracker which doesn't coincide with the tomb.
Tracker.png
Tracker.png (53.28 KiB) Viewed 181 times
This disrupts the MVP hunt of other people due to this being exploited by this player and defeats the purpose of MVP tracker in MindRO website.
PunchesThings

Re: Bug Exploit - MVP Kill

Post by PunchesThings »

I actually did not know this is even a bug as ive seen people doing the same thing constantly.
This is an @warp enabled server idk why you complain about it calling it "bug exploit" when im literally just using whatever is enabled in game to do MVP.
If warping back to town quick with either @go or butterfly wing causes this i will stay after the kill to keep the tracker from borking up for others (this affects me too cuz the tracker stops working)
Atrix

Post by Atrix »

Yes, you do that.
PunchesThings

Post by PunchesThings »

Do what ? Using available commands enabled within the server ?
Like i said if tping back to town before the MVP announcement was causing problem then I will stop , or they can improve the tracker.
And if you sit on your screen 24/7 with notepad timer for MVP on a pserver then you need to go touch some grass , sir.
PunchesThings

Post by PunchesThings »

I guess in the end this guy was only bitching because i was disrupting him or 2 other guys who have MVPs on phone alerts and hoard everything on spawn timer. (I aint gonna mention anyone like this snitching bitch did)
Before i started doing this literally only 3 names appear on the tracker for MVPers , last sunday there were more because people actually have the chance to catch MVPs and not these already geared to hell people monopolizing everything with their spawn alert.
Amazing , enjoy jerking off on a 60 man server guys you really help getting new players and donors onto this server.
Atrix

Post by Atrix »

Well sir, my point being is that, you did that bug repeatedly which affected the MVP tracker website. Especially those Boss that has long timer with them. What's the purpose of the MVP tracker if someone continuously do what you were doing? As you said, everyone's affected by it. "Yes, you do that" means you stop doing that, until at least they fix it.
Do read the server rules as it says MVP hunting is free for all. Geared up or not, so it's up to you to keep up with others who hunts too.

And maybe watch your language, calling me "snitching bitch" in this forum really says a lot about you than me.
PunchesThings

Post by PunchesThings »

>Said MVP is free for all
>Bitched snitched and accused people of bug abusing cuz he cant abuse tracker timer to hoard all the kills
Im calling you a bitch because you are acting like one , you dont accuse someone of abusing bug and potentially getting them banned just because something slightly inconvenienced you like that.
IF you had posted and asked server owner to do something about the perceived bug then i wouldnt even care but you ARE accusing me of shit so idk why you were expecting me to be polite to you at all ?
Like i said instead of gluing your eyes on the tracker page go touch some fresh grass
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

The MVP tracker problem only happens with MVP monsters that are summoned in different maps:
  • Atroce
  • Dark Lord
  • Doppelganger
  • Eddga
  • Maya
  • Orc Hero
Other MVP monsters don't have this bug and are always correctly tracked.

We're working on fixing the bug for all MVP monsters. Meanwhile players can track this 6 MVP monsters on their own if they need to.

I understand that this may have felt annoying, but the bug is triggered by a normal playing pattern - it's normal to kill MVP monsters and warp back fast.

There is no reason to be aggressive with each other. Reporting is always encouraged and no one will be banned unfairly.

Topic closed.

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!