Enable Skills " DEFENDER" [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Krator

Enable Skills " DEFENDER" [fulfilled]

Post by Krator »

Hello GM Oreki,

Your decision on the Loki Veil Skills to be allowed is fair game but i feel like something is a bit missing on the logical side.

as you did mention
I understand that you want to share more inputs for consideration before hearing a decision but regardless, this is not something that needs to be disabled.

I suggest leading your assault with fully buffed tank classes /no1
Only class getting all this handicap are Paladin which they are the main Counter for this skills with the
DEFENDER SKILLS

would you allow to enable this skills. /wink
gr8b8m8ir88over8
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Enable Skills " DEFENDER"

Post by gr8b8m8ir88over8 »

Paladin are pretty broken even with defender currently disabled. High HP (TGK card is easily obtainable) and can dish out decent damage with Sacrifice and other skills without even investing much in STR - mind you - Sacrifice scales with HP, a defensive stat. And a crazy melee damage reflect buff, you may even kill a champ that asura punch you but you're still alive.

And you want to counter one of the only few hard counters of Pallys which are creators? Do you want a server wherein everyone only plays Paladins?

This is a high rate server, TGK is just a shop away, even Korean Rice Cake is available via NPC. Lots of stuff available synergizes well with Paladins. Of course balancing this server will not be the same as balancing official low rate servers.

Why not explore and research stuff instead of requesting a skill/feature to be disabled?

Play like Artheric man, you may need to practice your potting skills or something. Ask tips from him. /no1
Krator

Post by Krator »

gr8b8m8ir88over8 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:00 pm Paladin are pretty broken even with defender currently disabled. High HP (TGK card is easily obtainable) and can dish out decent damage with Sacrifice and other skills without even investing much in STR - mind you - Sacrifice scales with HP, a defensive stat. And a crazy melee damage reflect buff, you may even kill a champ that asura punch you but you're still alive.

And you want to counter one of the only few hard counters of Pallys which are creators? Do you want a server wherein everyone only plays Paladins?

This is a high rate server, TGK is just a shop away, even Korean Rice Cake is available via NPC. Lots of stuff available synergizes well with Paladins. Of course balancing this server will not be the same as balancing official low rate servers.

Why not explore and research stuff instead of requesting a skill/feature to be disabled?

Play like Artheric man, you may need to practice your potting skills or something. Ask tips from him. /no1
just another ignorant soul .. move along /hmm
gr8b8m8ir88over8
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by gr8b8m8ir88over8 »

Wow great point raised, thank you for keeping things civil (sarcasm in case you don't get it). Stay classy my man /heh
Krator

Post by Krator »

gr8b8m8ir88over8 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:43 pm
Wow great point raised, thank you for keeping things civil (sarcasm in case you don't get it). Stay classy my man /heh
let me summarize your response in a simple word that even a 7 years old can understand..

as far as TGK card.. everyone have access to that which some classes beside from Paladin take advantage on the benefits of it.

so basically.. Defender is disabled....or should i say.. Paladin is handicap so other classes can function properly and according to you it is okay and it's just right /hmm /dum
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for making this request Krator.

Defender was disabled at a time when WoE hasn't started yet. The consideration was solely for the Sniper class in PvP compared to other classes vs a Paladin.

Taking WoE into account makes Defender seem consistent with how classes balance each other out. As such this is approved and will be fulfilled on this update.

Note that Defender even when enabled has no effect against Acid Demonstration (official behavior), so Acid Demonstration will still do full damage.

/no1

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
Krator

Post by Krator »

GM Oreki wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 pm
Note that Defender even when enabled has no effect against Acid Demonstration (official behavior), so Acid Demonstration will still do full damage.

/no1
i was just going to note that but thank you for pointing it out for them GM Oreki and sorry if i sounded rude. /wink
Alchemist
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Enable Skills " DEFENDER" [approved]

Post by Alchemist »

Good job Krator, I hope you request more skills to be enabled in the future and not disabling skills. (No malice intended)

Im glad skills are being enabled rather than disabled. This is the first time Ive seen a skill enabled (bio cannib in BG is the next one hehe) and I hope not the last one.

/no1

Thank you GM Oreki.
princekos
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Enable Skills " DEFENDER" [approved]

Post by princekos »

Say good farewell to +9 Glorious Bow.. good bye Balmund..