Dead Branch Abuse/Harassment

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
Memories

Dead Branch Abuse/Harassment

Post by Memories »

Hi GM,

I humbly request that dead branches be only usable on certain maps.

My playstyle is an afk-farmer, but within the rules of the game. I have three farming spots and I have Dark Lord card on all three characters to have auto-skill to kill-off monsters.
locations are at:
pay_dun02
pay_dun03
treasure01

Now, i have experienced coming back to the game with all my three characters dead and with strong monsters in the surrounding area which do not belong to that specific map. Now I get that some players will troll like this from time to time, I get it, it's just poking some fun, no harm done. /heh

But it has become so frequent and has come to a point where I feel targeted. This has happened so often now that it already feels to me like I am specifically targeted, harassed, and bullied. At the time of writing this I have cleared payon_dun02 and dun03 so I can farm again, and just a few minutes, again, more summoned monsters. The guy went back to make sure I can't farm. /dum It's easy to know it's my characters since it names are Memories 1, 2, and 3.

One can argue that summoning dead branches and leaving the monsters there is not against any rule. But it robs other players the chance to play on the map. Now no players can farm for skel-bones, pirate bandanas, etc on treasure01 because of these monsters. As well as farming on payon dungeon for quest items. /dum

It is a clear display of abuse on the usage of the dead branch, filling-up the whole map with monsters and leaving it as is. And whoever the person is, clearly has ill intentions. This is more than just poking fun or trolling on others, it feels like a grudge or personal attack. /dum /sob

To my knowledge, my afk-farming has not disrupted other people's game experience, one could easily kill the monsters to farm around my character without getting bothered. /dum

Again, my only request is to have maps where dead branches can only be usable. Or maybe have it disabled on majority of maps where people usually play. /hmm

Thank you.

Screenshots attached.
Attachments
pay_dun03.JPG
pay_dun03.JPG (112.11 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
pay_dun02.JPG
pay_dun02.JPG (119.03 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
treasure.JPG
treasure.JPG (101.85 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
Memories

Re: Dead Branch Abuse/Harassment

Post by Memories »

Additional attachment.
Attachments
treasure01-1.JPG
treasure01-1.JPG (127.36 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Dead Branch Abuse/Harassment

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi Memories,

I understand your concern, but the usage of Dead Branch is not against our Server Rules.

If you have private problems please PM me on forum for faster responses /no1

Topic closed

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!