Suggestions related to game mechanics and not only. [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Artemis Entreri

Suggestions related to game mechanics and not only. [fulfilled]

Post by Artemis Entreri »

Hi all, I would like to publish a small list of my thoughts/bugs/wishes related to BG and some other aspects of the game.
This is not my ultimatum, but more a sheet of wishes and observations, if anyone has something to add, or adequate criticism - please, let's make the game more comfortable.

1) Less Rush Event, especially during happy hours.
I think it's pretty obvious here, Rush is very long to play in comparison to other modes, it really knocks down the tempo of battles and badge farm.

2) Adding a CD for using Speed Potions (hard option) \ Significantly increase the cost of Speed Potions (light option)
Since the Speed Potion is extremely affordable (it only costs 2k) absolutely all players use it, which sometimes turns battles into a circus with endless running. I think one of these options might be a good solution.

3) Adding usable items for BG. Kits for BG.
I think there is a need to expand of usable items for BG, we could add unique food giving significant stats\buffs and limit its use only on BG.
We could also add kits for BG which would include x10 items, or different usable items combined into one box.

4) Add new, higher tier items.
Many players have very powerful items, a huge number of +9 items and MVP cards. Of course with our server rates this is unavoidable, but we can add more powerful equipment (such as slotted BG items, just as an example) which will make sense to play old players and give new players a chance to play comfortably too.

5) Creator by killing himself through Sphere Marine gets PK points. (BUG)
I think everything is clear here.

6) If Biocannibalizme kills Emperium during BG, Imperium will be lost. (BUG)
Well, here too.

7) Changing the Sinx Card.
This is an extremely strong card, fundamentally changing the gameplay, I think there is a sense of nerf this, because otherwise BG turns into a silent stand of eight characters on top of each other waiting for who first comes out of the shadows.
Perhaps it makes sense to add a delay on the use of skills after emerging from the Cloak. You could extend this to Cloal as a skill in general (so sinx would also be changed).
Or ban it in PvP and BG zones, which is too drastic a solution for my taste.

Thank you for your attention, I hope for your additions and comments.
princekos
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Suggestions related to game mechanics and not only.

Post by princekos »

Artemis Entreri wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:41 pm Hi all, I would like to publish a small list of my thoughts/bugs/wishes related to BG and some other aspects of the game.
This is not my ultimatum, but more a sheet of wishes and observations, if anyone has something to add, or adequate criticism - please, let's make the game more comfortable.

1) Less Rush Event, especially during happy hours.
I think it's pretty obvious here, Rush is very long to play in comparison to other modes, it really knocks down the tempo of battles and badge farm.

2) Adding a CD for using Speed Potions (hard option) \ Significantly increase the cost of Speed Potions (light option)
Since the Speed Potion is extremely affordable (it only costs 2k) absolutely all players use it, which sometimes turns battles into a circus with endless running. I think one of these options might be a good solution.

3) Adding usable items for BG. Kits for BG.
I think there is a need to expand of usable items for BG, we could add unique food giving significant stats\buffs and limit its use only on BG.
We could also add kits for BG which would include x10 items, or different usable items combined into one box.

4) Add new, higher tier items.
Many players have very powerful items, a huge number of +9 items and MVP cards. Of course with our server rates this is unavoidable, but we can add more powerful equipment (such as slotted BG items, just as an example) which will make sense to play old players and give new players a chance to play comfortably too.

5) Creator by killing himself through Sphere Marine gets PK points. (BUG)
I think everything is clear here.

6) If Biocannibalizme kills Emperium during BG, Imperium will be lost. (BUG)
Well, here too.

7) Changing the Sinx Card.
This is an extremely strong card, fundamentally changing the gameplay, I think there is a sense of nerf this, because otherwise BG turns into a silent stand of eight characters on top of each other waiting for who first comes out of the shadows.
Perhaps it makes sense to add a delay on the use of skills after emerging from the Cloak. You could extend this to Cloal as a skill in general (so sinx would also be changed).
Or ban it in PvP and BG zones, which is too drastic a solution for my taste.

Thank you for your attention, I hope for your additions and comments.
Just my opinion from an ordinary player:

1. Winning Rush is an easy job. So for me it just need to break enemy emper. Many active players runs on Happy Hour so it isnt problem.

2. I also the one who also get annoyed by running men. But I think it is no problem for them not to get easily killed :[ and then turn off from the game becoz the facts they are weak. Becoz only for weaks using running strategy. also we can use ranged attack for them. Sight/ruwach also can remove cloaking from them. if we seriously catch them.

3. its buggable.

4. It can be benefit for old players.

5. 6. +1

7. Ass X is original item from RO. I think costumized this isnt solution. But we need to get another solution for overcome the running men. I agree to put slower effect for this when speed pot or something else which is put balance against cloaking running men. But it is hard to script maybe :) and become bug-able

But actually I can easily handle the point 2 & 7 but i agree on you it is annoying, it can be handled if we have a team, but adjust on either 2 or 7 is okay for me personally.
Last edited by princekos on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chibubong
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Chibubong »

1. Agree. Less Rush during BG hr. Takes too much time even when there are multiple players.
they are weak. Becoz only for weaks using running strategy.
2. They are weak because they are running? It is part of a strategy. In this case, if you cant kill them, you are the weak one.

7. I do not agree to this, but whatever changes made on SinX card Cloak should also be applied to SinX class Cloak.
princekos
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by princekos »

.2. They are weak because they are running? It is part of a strategy. In this case, if you cant kill them, you are the weak one.
Agree with you.. after using running scheme, they are also be easy to be killed. That means running doesnt have significant effect for the weak one . It means no problem using speed pot and cloaking.
nerodatas
Been liked: 2 times

Post by nerodatas »

Lol, Artemis seriously? that's very biased for your play style. try to be more creative man.
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting this Artemis Entreri,

1) BG modes are random in equal chance. We will keep them that way for now.

2) Speed Potion will have a 3 seconds delay and its price be slightly increased in today's update.

3) We will add new costumes in the Battlegrounds shop as part of today's update.

4) This will not be done.

5) Measures are already in check to prevent this.

6) will be fixed in today's update.

7) This can be revisited later.

/no1

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!