No jumps commands [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
NewDay
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times

No jumps commands [closed]

Post by NewDay »

If we get read of @jump and @jumpback, as well as coordinates to exact location, hunting bosses on field will be much more rewarding and will invite players to be more team effort. As well as rise up the market price and motivate people to buy and sell.

Having a warper system that allows you to teleport to the boss map is more than enough.
And fly wings with 1 weight should be great.

I really think this will force people to team up and play together, interact more in pvm and boss fights would be more entertaining and challenging
These users liked this post by NewDay
Qira
Qira
Has liked: 1 time

Re: No jumps commands

Post by Qira »

Absolutly right, make no sens to play other Character as a Champ.
Its the same with the Command @warp xxx_fildxx 650 43. Why is it possible to teleport to exact coordinates, when there is a Warper in Town? It makes almost zero fun to play, because you can abuse it so hard.

I agree 100% with my previous post, please remove it.
tyrmorga1925

Post by tyrmorga1925 »

I agree this gives the other players a chance to snag an mvp and encourage party play.
Last edited by tyrmorga1925 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post by tyrmorga1925
NewDay
piggybank
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by piggybank »

This topic have been discussed many times over. Whether you're against it or for it, the GM said it is not considered abuse (debatable). It is what it is though.

This is not directed at anyone, but there are plenty of other servers that will fit your play style. People coming here complaining about a certain features when it is clearly advertised to have these commands and demanding it to be removed is just plain silly.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230118_174521.jpg
Screenshot_20230118_174521.jpg (81.89 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
princekos
Been liked: 1 time

Post by princekos »

NewDay wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:53 pm If we get read of @jump and @jumpback, as well as coordinates to exact location, hunting bosses on field will be much more rewarding and will invite players to be more team effort. As well as rise up the market price and motivate people to buy and sell.

Having a warper system that allows you to teleport to the boss map is more than enough.
And fly wings with 1 weight should be great.

I really think this will force people to team up and play together, interact more in pvm and boss fights would be more entertaining and challenging
Pls treat this game as High Rate Server. Dont push your mid rate play style on this server. /sigh ..You will be surely obliterate here if you keep your playstyle.. /gg

According to its rate, it means this is PVP / GVG server not stop on PVE or MVP. You need to grow up to catch this server playstyle. Do you want to keep Pre-renewal build on Renewal / Revo Classic server? You need to learn more about your server rate.

Everyone must know this server was built for High-Rates, easy farm, easy hunting/collect items. If you want to play team for mvp / pve you may try mid rate server or something. I dont see you coming to pvp or gvg and just complain about hunting / farming. Are you farming for what here?

And do you also mind if this commands would be disabled, this will benefit old players and harm new players? Because old players can already benefit from this feature. /hmm
NewDay
Has liked: 9 times

Post by NewDay »

No one is demanding anything, Im making a suggestion to improve the server and make it more pve appealing . What you are saying about us adapting to the rate is nonsense, there are many high rates without jump commands respecting the core pve aspects of the game.
This is a lovely server, I have never complain about it. I have only made suggestions and share opinions to improve it, and not to my like but to a few of us.
Like piggybank says "This topic have been discussed many times over." That shows that many, not only me and my friends ! are thinking about this and probably end up leaving the server because of it, or not even giving the server a chance, because of it.
Me and my friends come from a very low rate server and reason why we looked into high rate is just to relax and try new things with the little time we have to play,(due to family, work etc). We dont like pvp we like pve and this commands kill us, cuts of all the fun.

Dont take it personal, I would recommend this server to anyone that is most focused on pvp, because is great and I think Oreki is doing a great job!

:)
Jiban

Post by Jiban »

Hi all, I agree with Newday, having this commands makes the pve part of the game boring. I joined the server with some friends and only one is left but we dont play together, we compete eachothers the bosses because playing together makes no sense, and it all goes down to the jumps. Sure we can do mvp tower or private rooms, but its not what we are talking about.
Im also considering to look for another server just because of this, and it hurts because I love the rest of the server.
Saion

Post by Saion »

I disagree, this will just make it more advantageous for high weight classes to find MVP easier ( stock up on more fly wings). This just make things more complicated on a server where collecting resources was supposed to be easy.

I don't even PVP or WOE, and even rarely MVP. I do seek them out when seeing them alive, and consider it luck of the draw if I get them or not. My gears are not very good but I still got mvp 1 out of 4 attempt and feel good because I was lucky, not hard work. Trying hard on this server to compete for gear is not very rewarding because you can buy your way through. But jumping around to try my luck is fun because it feel lucky to get it, but not very disapointing if I don't get it, like you don't get upset if you buy a lottery and not win a prize.
piggybank
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by piggybank »

NewDay wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:31 am No one is demanding anything, Im making a suggestion to improve the server and make it more pve appealing . What you are saying about us adapting to the rate is nonsense, there are many high rates without jump commands respecting the core pve aspects of the game.
This is a lovely server, I have never complain about it. I have only made suggestions and share opinions to improve it, and not to my like but to a few of us.
Like piggybank says "This topic have been discussed many times over." That shows that many, not only me and my friends ! are thinking about this and probably end up leaving the server because of it, or not even giving the server a chance, because of it.
Me and my friends come from a very low rate server and reason why we looked into high rate is just to relax and try new things with the little time we have to play,(due to family, work etc). We dont like pvp we like pve and this commands kill us, cuts of all the fun.

Dont take it personal, I would recommend this server to anyone that is most focused on pvp, because is great and I think Oreki is doing a great job!

:)

You're right that you're not demanding anything and I should have word that better. The fact of the matter is the GM have come out and said that the command will stay and it is allowed on the server.

Personally, I don't feel like it is taking away from the PvE experience at all. I'm a strict PvE and MVP player and have never step foot inside PVP/KoE/GvG and never will. I have a champ that I MVP with and I have lost my fair share of MVPs to other champs, snipers, sinx, bio and I just take the L and move on to the next one. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.

I understand your frustrations as it seems like there's no chance at all. Champ wasn't even my main when I started playing on this server 6 months ago, but made a champ anyway to be competitive in the MVP game then when SinX started showing up to compete in the MVP scene I made a SinX as well. The thing is you have to adapt with the game and the play style that the players are doing. Gearing up a new character should not be an issue on this server at all.

I still enjoy the hell out of the PvE aspect of this game. Like you, I'm sure most of us have a job and/or other commitments that we have to do and jumping on this game is a form of release for me. I don't mean to discredit your concerns in anyway, and this is just my own opinion.

Also, if you don't like MVP room (I don't either) there are other ways such as Endless Tower, Devil's Square, Elite MVP tower, instances that you can organize a small party and explore those options given to you as well. Do give this server another chance and may be you'll come to enjoy it as much as I did.

-piggybank

P.S. If you need any help or want to party up PM me and we can meet up in game when neither of us are busy.
Saion

Post by Saion »

Also, if you are lucky enough to find boss early and got its hp down to below 50, most people would just leave because they would not get MVP anyway. Or if they do, they help you take down the MVP faster. Happened once with my noobie white smith with slow as hell dps. Someone took down the boss in second and I got the MVP.

If anything, the jump command gave disadvaged class more chance to compete, because every classes are the same when it come to real luck.

(I don't play champ because I don't like their appearance. Yes I'm shallow.)