Devil's Square and Reward Structure [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Frilly
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Devil's Square and Reward Structure [fulfilled]

Post by Frilly »

I love that Devil's Square has the new reward structure, but in my opinion, this seems to be a bandaid fix without understanding the underlying challenge to the event and how to get players to play it.

Why Lootboxes work for KOE/WOE
  • The event is simple in nature, made harder by more participants. If no one came to the event, 1 person could break the emp and earn all the lootboxes. This means that the less popular the event is, the more people will care about sniping the loot for themselves.
  • The event is driven around rewarding known teams, not randoms. Known teams (aka guilds) are less likely to steal a reward and run away.
Why Lootboxes are not driving uptick in activity for Devil's Square.
  • The event is complex in nature, requiring a large number of participants. If no one came to the event, it's not worth going to the event because there is no reward. This means the less popular the event, the less people will care about the event.
  • The event is driven around rewarding randoms playing together, not known teams. Even if a guild wanted to sufficiently complete devil's square on a regular basis, it still has the chance that a random comes in and steals rewards at the end.
My proposal for making this event successful
  • Rewards should be handed out per player instead of dropping chests around the map. This will guarantee everyone has a fair experience.
  • Rewards should be handed out every 4 rounds (round 4, 8), and +1 DS lootboxes for killing the MVP. This results in a total of 3 lootboxes per player.
  • Lower the number of slots to 7. This is simply to retain the same amount of loot rewarded if economy is a thing to worry about. I would keep it at 10 personally as 9 more of these boxes won't ruin anyone's day.
  • Apply the same MAC limitations as BG/Hourly Reward to prevent dual clienting. 7 completely unique players should be plenty of spots. But dualing reduces the spots available as some players will be going in there to target the +1/2 DS boxes at the early levels.
These changes make devil's square easier to play, easier to participate, more rewarding than the current setup, and will drive the uptick in activity that the recent update tried to promote.
These users liked this post by Frilly (total 4):
LovelyLove, GM Oreki, carrie, Cromwell
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Devil's Square and Reward Structure

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi Frilly,

This is approved and will be implemented in today's update.

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!