WARP COMMANDS

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
gotmilk
Been liked: 1 time

WARP COMMANDS

Post by gotmilk »

I think its better to remove this warp,mapmove commands since we already have warper NPCs, It is really being abused in MVP hunting especially sinx who can't even die because of this sonic blow warp /sob really unfair for us newbies, we can't even see the MVP boss anymore this kills the fun of BOSS HUNTING. If this was all skills and technique it is all good, but command abuse is a different thing /no

I hope this will be considered.

/thx
These users liked this post by gotmilk
NewDay
Aikuzo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: WARP COMMANDS

Post by Aikuzo »

I've seen this request a few times, I agree as well. That sinX warp looks ugly. It makes MVP hunting looks like a comedy show. I'm sure there are a few mvp hunters who wanted to enjoy mvp hunting quit the server because of that command trick. And those who stay change their main from champion to sinX. Warping on mvp map is fine. But maybe seal off the option to warp on close proximity or something will make mvp hunting challenging again.
cheanzky
Been liked: 2 times

Post by cheanzky »

Aikuzo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:17 pm I've seen this request a few times, I agree as well. That sinX warp looks ugly. It makes MVP hunting looks like a comedy show. I'm sure there are a few mvp hunters who wanted to enjoy mvp hunting quit the server because of that command trick. And those who stay change their main from champion to sinX. Warping on mvp map is fine. But maybe seal off the option to warp on close proximity or something will make mvp hunting challenging again.
I've been playing and hunting in this game since 2006 this is the first time I saw this kind of comedy show in a server. /dum

Actually before I saw just 1 SinX then became 2 now there are f**** every where.

Dude Wounded Morroc + 10 Morroc Shadow Mob, He didn't even die and made it like he was killing a poring.

We have an NPC warper which we can use to go MVP maps.

Actually I saw a thread also that there were players who quited the server because of this warp abuse.

I hope this will be considered.
tonybarreran

Post by tonybarreran »

+1 to this request. Bosses are really only alive in the time it takes for them to be found.
The is hardly any point on teaming up with other players to fight a boss when you can just: warp in, Damage, warp out, Repeat.
cheanzky

Post by cheanzky »

Just saw this assassinX guild selling friggin 3pcs Gloom Card, like seriously? /dum
LovelyLove
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by LovelyLove »

Guys you can just summon the boss you wanted in the MVP room which will cost you.
MVP ROOM = 10m
Boss = 20m
cheanzky

Post by cheanzky »

LovelyLove wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:56 pm Guys you can just summon the boss you wanted in the MVP room which will cost you.
MVP ROOM = 10m
Boss = 20m
Why would we pay to kill a Boss? That's why you're hunting so you can earn. /dum

Also the main concern here is that WARP/RECONNECT or what ever command that is /sigh
These users liked this post by cheanzky
NewDay
leonardompa2
Has liked: 2 times

Post by leonardompa2 »

LovelyLove wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:56 pm Guys you can just summon the boss you wanted in the MVP room which will cost you.
MVP ROOM = 10m
Boss = 20m
This is all, there are tons of servers out there without warp commands, go play there, the warp commands are broken i agree, but this server itself was made to be easy, i mean, everything except mvp cards are 100% drop

If you don't like the configuration of the server, then or you adapt yourself to it (the warp is there for everyone to use) or search another server, this is how it works (me for example, i can't adapt to servers without warp, so i play here)

"But i can't compete damage with them even abusing the warp too, so i can't kill" This is where the MVP Room enters, use the room until you grow enough
tonybarreran

Post by tonybarreran »

"There are tons of servers without warp commands"...
This is true but following your logic, there are already servers that do most if not all things that are requested on this forum. Why would I bring up a sugestion or a topic if I can just go to a server that already does this? Of course if someone suggests anything here it's because they want to stay, they like it here, and think this would be benefitial to the server.

"If you don't like the configuration of the server, then or you adapt yourself to it"

I agree to some degree with the sentiment. Every server is different and adapting to it is part of the fun, but the issue here is when there are very few alternatives and eventually everyone ends up doing the same thing because everything else puts them in a disadvantage.

I feel like the GMs would agree with me here taking the example of the GTB card being nerfed on pvp, gvg. It is so easy to get and so strong againts magic based characters that if it wasn't nerfed wizards would be irrelevant. Here you could say "well, adapt to the server and stop using magic based characters" but then you are left with very few effective alternatives to play.

"use the room until you grow enough"
This point will be more opinion based but I feel like this should be the other way around. You should be able to compete and hunt for the MVPs with other players until you have the resources to get them just for yourself
leonardompa2
Has liked: 2 times

Post by leonardompa2 »

"Why would I bring up a sugestion or a topic if I can just go to a server that already does this? Of course if someone suggests anything here it's because they want to stay"

I understand your pointing, but this warp thing is a thing that divides the kind of players that plays in a server, or you like the servers with warp, or without them, there's no between, if the warp gets removed, then a lot of ppl will complaim just like ppl are complaining to remove the warp

"use the room until you grow enough"

I'll stay with this one because i think this is the proposal of the mvp room (i may be wrong), zeny is easy to make, kill dokebi, petites, anything that drop a high value item, win events, and go to the mvp room, i did this to farm some mvp drops, from mvps that were always dead, and i see nothing wrong with it

About the GTB, this is a broken Ragnarok mechanic, i think it's a different thing, it's so broken that it inutilizes some classes, surely have to be modified