Having problems since the new patch [closed]

Having problems with the game.exe, patcher, or client? This is the place to ask for help.
tonybarreran

Having problems since the new patch [closed]

Post by tonybarreran »

I had been playing the game without problems. But when I had to download an update I started having "Cannot init d3d OR GRF file has problem" like the one mentiones on this post . I was able to play for a while by doing the solution that was mentioned there. However I started having a lot of visual glitches, trouble when swithing between windows, random crashes and consistent crashes when entering the events custom areas. Later I started having the "Cannot init d3d OR GRF file has problem" on startup and the solution wouldn't work.

I'm looking for some technical support on how to run the game, and if posible how to stop all the mentioned glitched. Also wanted to ask the community if anyone was experiencing the issues I had.

please help
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Having problems since the new patch

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi tonybarreran,

"Cannot init d3d OR GRF file" is a graphic driver problem. Can you post a screenshot of your opensetup.exe Graphics tab?

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
tonybarreran

Post by tonybarreran »

These are my settings , For some reason now im able to login but when I appear on prontera my game crashes
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

We fixed some potential causes of this problem. Please try to re-download the client one more time to see if it fixes your problem.

https://mindro.org/download

Last updated on 2022-09-27

Apologies for the inconveniences you had. Being a problem that only some players have and not others, there was no way to identify it in advance.

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!