Recent Update- Disguised Event [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Bunny
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Recent Update- Disguised Event [fulfilled]

Post by Bunny »

I just want to say my thoughts: I like playing automated events. That’s why I’m glad that there are new additions to our in-game events such as the Dice Event. However, I’m quite disappointed with the latest update to the Disguised event. I just recently read a post about the event, that the name wont show up using @mi (I'm not familiar yet with forum so I don't know how to attach a given topic)

Instead of updating the event regarding the request, it was modified to MVP monsters only. In which I don’t feel any thrill or excitement. After all, there are only a few MVPs, so some rounds are repeatedly given.

Is it not possible for the NPC to just state the name after each round if nobody got it correctly? As long as the name is given, players will know what to answer the next time it is disguised.
These users liked this post by Bunny
LovelyLove
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Recent Update- Disguised Event

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi Bunny,

Thank you for expressing your concerns about the recent change to the disguise event.

The main reason why the monsters were changed to MVP only is because it's easier for new players to participate in the disguise event with MVP monsters alone because their names are easy to learn since they are in our MVP Tracker page whereas it's difficult for new players to play the disguise event with all monsters.

We plan to advertise our server soon and new players to RO may join so this change seemed reasonable out of consideration to them.

If this bothers you so much, we can consider making the NPC announce the correct name after each round ends on the coming update.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
Bunny
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Recent Update- Disguised Event

Post by Bunny »

Henlo,

I know that it's easier to learn the name of MVPs as you've stated above. But again, there are only few of them and the spelling is a lil bit difficult compare to random mobs. It's more of a Keyboard Warrior/Fastest Typist instead of guessing the monster.

I'm not really into MVP since I enjoy more doing random quests, and that is why I became familiar with RO Monsters, and maybe some players are the same, who knows.

But again, that's just my opinion and if it is agreeable to the other players, so be it.

Thank you!
GM Oreki
Administrator

Re: Recent Update- Disguised Event [approved]

Post by GM Oreki »

Your request is approved. It's back to how it was. It will start announcing the correct name after rounds after this coming update.

Thank you for expressing your concern again /no1
These users liked this post by GM Oreki
Bunny

GM Oreki
Administrator

Re: Recent Update- Disguised Event [fulfilled]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi Bunny,

This request is fulfilled as part of today's update (Changelog 2022-09-26).

The disguise event now shows the correct name even when no one answers correctly:
disguise.jpg
disguise.jpg (17.49 KiB) Viewed 642 times