MVP Pointing System [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Heaven
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

MVP Pointing System [closed]

Post by Heaven »

Good day!

MVP point only goes to the highest damage dealer, how about those support players that were in the party? Shouldn’t they receive point as well?

May I propose that all the party members, who has the highest damage on the MVP will gain 1 MVP point each.

But will the costume in the MVP shop be exploited?

Since other players can dual client while hunting, the costumes can be non-tradeable, or account bound. Though, I don’t know if it’s already non-tradeable since I haven’t got one yet and there is no indication on the costume either.

The party members should also be on the map where the MVP was before being killed to receive point.

With this, players who play support can also enjoy fully the MVP hunt. There will be more interactions between players, old and new, and I think it’s great as we are a growing community.

Zenny for your thoughts?
siangza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: MVP Pointing System

Post by siangza »

Hi Heaven,

The costume from MVP shop is tradeable.
I would suggest the alternate solution where the MVP will drop the MVP ticket (Can be used to exchange for point), so the DPS player can share the ticket to the support.
Heaven

Post by Heaven »

Thank you for the reply and suggestion, siangza.

My first suggestion is to promote Party MVP Hunt. With this, players can recruit players, old and new, support or DPS, on their guild or party focusing on MVP hunt.

If an MVP will just drop a ticket where the DPS can share it to the support, then he/she can just do a solo hunt and keep the tickets all to himself/herself gaining more points. And if the ticket is tradeable then the DPS can just sell it together with the loots he/she got from the MVP, and again, more benefits to only 1 player.

All I want is for players to enjoy MVP hunt using the role they want or love not because I am a support user. I can actually create a champion for a faster MVP hunt, however I play together with my friends here in the server and we want to try having different jobs/roles in hunting, just like the old times.

That’s all 😊
siangza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by siangza »

HI Heaven,

Owh I think the Party MVP Hunt might work well on Elite MVP Tower Instance.
Maybe we can suggest GM Oreki to amend the Elite MVP Tower like awards all party member (Limited to 1 point per 1 IP) 1 MVP point per each floor (1 MVP killed).
Bunny
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Bunny »

I haven’t tried yet the Elite MVP Tower instance. Is it the same as Endless Tower?
If it does, then it is more like conquering the tower than hunting down the MVP

We know that hunting MVP is not easy. To be the first one to find the MVP, some players already have the items to kill the MVP easily and can do it solo, or players can gather their own party to compete with them.

Because I think players will be encouraged to create their own party to have the upper hand. And by doing so, it is fair to receive 1 MVP point for each party member for their efforts.

So, I agree with Heaven's idea +1
I'm a new player here in the server, and it took me many times to go back and forth to kill MVP(︶︹︺)
And sometimes, it was already KS ( ╥ω╥ )
Heaven

Post by Heaven »

In Party MVP Hunt, players will hunt the MVP in a certain map. There’s no assurance that they will be the one to find the MVP first and even if they find it, it’s not guaranteed that their party will be the one who’ll put a lot of damage in the MVP. Hunting is a competition.

If the points can be earned in the Elite MVP Tower Instance, the players can just run it again and again. Yes, there is a registration fee of 10 million for each party members, but the MVP will surely be theirs, loots and points are secured.

And for the IP, I have posted before about this. Can we make it per GID instead of per IP? This is because there are players who are playing together in one house. GM Oreki has replied to my recent post about trying the VPN, I will surely try it for now to join the BG and PVP as it is already given that the server is new, and GM Oreki is the only one who manage and develop.

As the server continues to grow, there will be new players, some of them may play alone in their house and some of them may be like us, family playing together, sharing the internet. If the server will stay strict with the IP then it will not become a friendly server to all.

Just my two cents.
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: MVP Pointing System [closed]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you Heaven for making this request and thank you all for sharing your thoughts about this.

MVP points are only gained from MVP monsters in their original maps and with the @warp command enabled hunting them does not typically happen with a party. So giving points to everyone in a party is not reasonable.

But I understand the need of making MVP shop items available to everyone even those who prefer to play only support classes. In the next update on 1st October we're going to add a Card Recycler NPC where you can exchange less useful MVP cards like drake, osiris...etc into MVP points. So any player can buy these cards from others and exchange it to MVP points on the Card Recycler NPC. That way MVP shop items will be more accessible to everyone.

I hope this will be satisfactory.

Topic closed!

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!