RWC Dragon Helm Gold [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

RWC Dragon Helm Gold [closed]

Post by thraca »

Propose to add this headgear (for a heavy cost) to Quest NPC. (Item ID# 5451).
Azure
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: RWC Dragon Helm Gold

Post by Azure »

Hi thraca!

I do like this proposal, but I am worried that this headgear is far superior over other choices that everyone will be using the same gear, essentially making other upper gears useless.

The +3 all stats is already overkill without the +10% ASPD boost. Not to mention, it has a CARD SLOT as well! I have always been a fan of this item, but if it were fully functional, I feel it tips the power scale a bit.

PS. That Demihuman portion I believe is worded incorrectly, the code states that it adds 5% against that race. Same code as Hyrda card, just 5% instead of 20%.

Hydra card item script
bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,20; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Player_Human,20;

RCW Dragon Helm item script
bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,5; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Player_Human,5;
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by thraca »

Hello Azure,
PS. That Demihuman portion I believe is worded incorrectly, the code states that it adds 5% against that race. Same code as Hyrda card, just 5% instead of 20%.
I thought that was odd because I remembered +5% as well. Thanks for clarification Azure. Yes it is an OP headgear and I requested it because I miss utilizing it on my creo/sniper lol. There is always the silver version (Item ID# 5452) and copper versions (Item ID# 5453) that are less impactful to consider as well.

-thraca / Tier One
Dexter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Dexter »

It's not that overpowered..., I say +1
emotang
Been liked: 1 time

Post by emotang »

TBH in terms of overpowered its really not. I understand your point about +3 stats being good and the ASPD. but 5% is fuckall when you have shit like GMG which is 12% against and tolerance. So really the only "OP" part is the stats but at the same time with access to mvp cards the stats really arent a big deal. This hat specifically is only good on agi builds and creators with a orc hero card dropped in it.

+1 to the hat
Azure
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Azure »

This hat literally makes OVER 55% of the current quest hats useless. Why would I use I love china, mercury Riser, rage of lust, hunting cap, Hermode Cap, Jasper crest, bandit hat, bird nest, flapping angel wings, ramen hat, black musang hat, red wing hat, dress hat, red marching hat, red sombrero or model training hat?

Please don't forget that this hat has [1]...On top of 2 top tier and 1 middle tier effects.

Not saying all of these are particularly good, but I enjoy the diversity it brings to the server. Some people will play the same meta builds over and over but some of these headgears still have use case for niche building, don't let that fade away.

Do you really want a server that looks like this? With over 75% of your population using the same gear sets because it's the best of its type.

I will say this: If this is implemented you literally just forced a best in class for upper gear. Build diversity would fly out the window. There would only be a need for roughly 3 headgears for physical attacking classes.

Think about the health and longevity of the server, not just your personal character development. Would I like to use this item? Absolutely, but I'm thinking about the server not myself.
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Post by randgrior »

This is just my opinion, it is not meant to offend anyone, nor be used as a defining answer. It is merely a point of view.

In the server's website, it says Godly Itens are disabled. Though the definition of such category is debatable, I would include this headgear in this, as it gives 3 bonuses in one piece of equipment, all equivalent to MVP cards' effects (10% ASPD increase and +3 stats) and Battlegrounds gear's and PVP effects (5% damage increase to Demihuman). Not to include the card slot, which further adds reason for the gear to be broken.

Moreover, this is a RWC headgear meant to be a prize, in other worlds, exclusive to few people. Ragnarok World Championship is an official event - https://ragnarok.fandom.com/wiki/Ragnar ... ampionship
As little players would have it, it would be predictable to assume who uses it. Taking action for unfair competition due to the item usage would be easier as well, the same way with Godly Itens.

If this headgear gets implemented, I would make it exclusive for the Cash Shop, for a hefty price; or there could be a server side big event with this item as a prize, but we lack the playerbase.
Last edited by randgrior on Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft
piggybank
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by piggybank »

I have to agree with Azure and randgrior here. As much as I would love to have this implemented, I will have to go against it. I know this headgear does not have a use case for all classes e.g. MVP Champ, Wiz (debatable) but any other class will benefit heavily from this. Again, this is only an opinion and GM will have to decide whether this headgear is too OP'd for the server.

-piggybank
LovelyLove
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by LovelyLove »

Hmm make this a prize for a monthsary of our server :D
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: RWC Dragon Helm Gold [closed]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you thraca for making this request and thank you all for sharing your thoughts regarding this. They are very valued.

We will avoid RWC items since they were not meant to be obtained by everyone like randgrior said.

Topic closed!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!