Redefining Item Usage [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Azure
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Redefining Item Usage [closed]

Post by Azure »

Hi community!

My suggestion is to incorporate the random opts feature into the item dropping. With the random options being fairly rare: 2.5% for first slot, 1% for second slot, .5% for third slot and .01 for 4th slot. This really opens up building and helps prolong the character development experience. ATM it's too fast and players get burned out unless you are BG or hunting MVP. Not much PVP action and rarely any BG action is going on either.

There is a number of different enchants options already built into the prebuilt system on rAthena. However, I can provide a custom one I worked on a few years back.

Options can range from (just ideas, not the only ones that can be created)

Elemental dmg boost
Race dmg boost
Size dmg boost
Elemental weapons endow

CT reduction
ACD reduction
Skill damage increased

Resistance to race
Resistance to element
Resistance to size

Absorb damage types
Stat bonuses
Stat % Increases
State trades (-5dex / +5agi)

**Preview from a project I was developing**

Let me know what you all think, I'd love to see some more diversity that doesn't completely take aware from the core mechanics of the game. Would add value to certain items again! Now you will hunt that PERFECT Valk man Vs. a non-enchanted one.

You could even incorporate normal etc. items into Re-roll a random enchant or create a whole separate one. This could also serve as a zeny sink.

Example:
x amount of Mother nightmare = Reroll 4th slot enchantment & the chance scales with how many items you used for the reroll.

1 mother nightmare = 40% Chance of success
5 Mother nightmare = 55% Chance of success
15 Mother Nightmare = 65% Chance of Success
25 Mother Nightmare = 80% Chance of Success
40 Mother Nightmare = 100 Chance or Success

This style of enchanting utilizes items that lose all meaning with the current server set up. I always find it better to make use of everything you have before making anything new!

Thanks for reading!
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Redefining Item Usage

Post by randgrior »

The concept of this server is to have minimal modifications, costumes or small QoL changes at best, to better fit an official Prerenewal Ragnarok experience. What you are suggesting goes against it, as not only this is a heavy custom to itens, but this never existed on classic versions of this game - there is only an armor enchant system, with the "Apprentice Craftsman" NPC.

Features like your idea has been more common on the Renewal version, in the instance dungeons enchantment system, for example, or the crimson weapons.

Your idea is not bad, but it does not fit here. If this was to be implemented, the whole concept of this server would change to a custom one.

Going a little bit off topic, but a roundabout way to include parts of your suggestion is to add more weapons to the Forging system of the Blacksmith job - preferably, non slotted and less used itens from drops, for example. Star Crumbs and elemental stones work in similar ways to your idea.
For the weapons list, that would be a discussion for another post.
These users liked this post by randgrior
GM Oreki
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft
Azure

Post by Azure »

Thank you for brining clarity to the server's vision. I will post my follow up to your reply in another thread that is more appropriate!

Best wishes <3
Azure

Post by Azure »

randgrior wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:29 pm The concept of this server is to have minimal modifications, costumes or small QoL changes at best, to better fit an official Prerenewal Ragnarok experience. What you are suggesting goes against it, as not only this is a heavy custom to itens, but this never existed on classic versions of this game - there is only an armor enchant system, with the "Apprentice Craftsman" NPC.

Features like your idea has been more common on the Renewal version, in the instance dungeons enchantment system, for example, or the crimson weapons.

Your idea is not bad, but it does not fit here. If this was to be implemented, the whole concept of this server would change to a custom one.

Going a little bit off topic, but a roundabout way to include parts of your suggestion is to add more weapons to the Forging system of the Blacksmith job - preferably, non slotted and less used itens from drops, for example. Star Crumbs and elemental stones work in similar ways to your idea.
I also just noticed that you are not a part of the staff. Not to cause waves but how do you speak so freely for the team that is creating and designing this server?
Pre-renewal servers were built on long term achievement. If quick building that leads to PvP / BG / MVP hunting was the plan you should focus your server design on that. Pvp / BG seem to be pretty dead, so what angle do you plan on moving towards? Is there plans for any late game content?

Reviving this thread because I see a solid base that isn't being fully utilized by design / dev team. For the players what is the long-term?
Dexter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Dexter »

This server presents itself as a pre-renewal with minimum item & skill modifications so it's not hard to predict what will be accepted and what won't. Just like one of my earlier requests (One handed bows and guns for next update [closed]) this will probably end up being closed which is okay.

About late game content, there is honestly plenty of things to do. It doesn't take much time to get decent but it takes a long time to get the best stuff (+9/+10 refines for high-end and BG gear, +3 intended stats armor enchants, all the best MVP cards needed for both PVP/MVP [newbies in high drop rate don't even know about those], gearing multiple classes...etc). I've been playing actively for about 3 months and my gear is still only decent. Some players already have 2 Beelzebub cards on multiple classes and I have none just to give you an idea.

What this server needs in my opinion is more events for higher community engagement and to accommodate players in all time zones, this means main events like KoE 2 times a day...etc. Someone already started a discussion about this and the GM already approved his requests to be included on coming update.

The server is still fairly new and still being actively developed. With a little more time I believe it's going to be a good/unique server for what it's trying to be.
These users liked this post by Dexter
thraca
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Post by randgrior »

Azure wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:23 pm
randgrior wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:29 pm The concept of this server is to have minimal modifications, costumes or small QoL changes at best, to better fit an official Prerenewal Ragnarok experience. What you are suggesting goes against it, as not only this is a heavy custom to itens, but this never existed on classic versions of this game - there is only an armor enchant system, with the "Apprentice Craftsman" NPC.

I also just noticed that you are not a part of the staff. Not to cause waves but how do you speak so freely for the team that is creating and designing this server?
Pre-renewal servers were built on long term achievement. If quick building that leads to PvP / BG / MVP hunting was the plan you should focus your server design on that. Pvp / BG seem to be pretty dead, so what angle do you plan on moving towards? Is there plans for any late game content?

Reviving this thread because I see a solid base that isn't being fully utilized by design / dev team. For the players what is the long-term?
This should not be the topic of this thread, however, since I was personally mentioned, I feel obliged to answer.
I am not a GM here, but none of the things I said are news to anyone: they are on the server's homepage - https://mindro.org/ - and also on ratemyserver - https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page ... ame=MindRO
On both, it is written "No custom equipments" and minimal modifications to gameplay.

The way you address me make it seems like I can not have an opinion about the game unless I am part of the staff, yet this forum has the "Development Request" board to listen to the players. I did not offend anyone, did not brake any rules, and stated my view as fairly as possible.
Instead, rather than continuing this discussion - the item usage - you change the topic altogether, and even quote me to your question. I do not know if irony or sarcasm was intended, but I will keep as it is.

About the new topic, we need to keep in mind this server is high rate (again, such information is on the website and on ratemyserver). Farming and leveling is accessible to everyone, so late game content will be different than the official version. That is why MindRO has so many other features to keep the players hooked: Quest Master NPC, MVP shop, PVP shop, Ranking system, KoE, Battlegrounds, Trivia, MVP Tower Instance, Magma Disaster Instance, automated events, Vote4Points, hourly presence and so on.
To all this options, we need a bigger playerbase, which I agree with Dexter's point.

This game has a solid concept and, given time, it will grow.
These users liked this post by randgrior
thraca
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by thraca »

Hello all.

To put my two cents in, I believe staying away from more customizations is a good thing. I prefer vanilla RO, and this servers has been the most modified one I have played yet. The listed modifications above seem way too over powered for "classic" RO.

-thraca / Tier One
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Redefining Item Usage [closed]

Post by GM Oreki »

Thank you Azure for posting this request and thanks to all who posted their feedback,

I deliberately delayed my response here to give others a chance to share their opinion and for the poster not to feel their request has been closed quickly. The main idea of our server is to preserve the original pre-renewal builds (including equipments and cards), so equipment customization is something we never plan to do. What we can do is all the QoL additions and changes that don't go against that.

Regarding the misunderstanding above, I believe all Azure meant is that he wanted to know the final say from a GM, so it's okay. But just to clarify, everyone is always free to share their opinion about anything anywhere on our forum. It's the only way we can grow as a community.

Topic closed, hopefully you will post an other that we can approve, soon )

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!