Stylist and Vote 4 Points ideas [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Stylist and Vote 4 Points ideas [fulfilled]

Post by randgrior »

I would wish to discuss 2 ideas for the corresponding features.

About the Stylist, I would like more options for hair color and styles. The game has all the official's ones, but we lack customs.
I do not know if this goes against the server concept for minimal item customization, standing as close as the source, however, as it regards hairstyles, in my point of view, this should not be a concern. I apologize if I am mistaken.

About the Vote 4 Points, I would like the itens "+9 Armor Refine Ticket" (Item ID# 6232) and "+9 Weapon Refine Ticket" (Item ID# 6228) added in its shop. This suggestion regards the lack of means to safely refine equipments in this server without the need to spend real money on the Cash Shop for enriched ores.
In order not to make the system exclusive for paying players, came this idea: as Vote 4 Points takes a lot of time to gather, people who wish to speed things will still pay, whereas people with less conditions will still have access to refined gears, albeit at a much slower rate.
I do not know if this is viable, however, it is opened to discussion. I apologize for any misunderstandings.

Thank you for reading, and all opinions are appreciated.
Last edited by randgrior on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Stylist and Vote 4 Points ideas

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi randgrior,

We can add more style options on the coming update. There is no problem with this. As for the +9 refine ticket, +9 is a bit much, what we can do instead is add enriched oridecon / elunium on vote 4 points shop the same as in the cash shop.

The above will be added in the next server update. Feel free to add anything else.

Thanks!
These users liked this post by GM Oreki
thraca

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
randgrior

Re: Stylist and Vote 4 Points ideas [approved]

Post by randgrior »

Regarding the refine tickets, I may agree with your point, specially considering the fact the server is recent. To even things, providing Enriched Oridecon and Elunium in the Vote 4 Points shop seems fairer.
On the same topic, I would like to suggest the "HD Oridecon" (Item ID# 6240) and "HD Elunium" (Item ID# 6241) to be added there as well. This should increase refining options above rates of +7, where the chances of success drastically lowers.

H.P. Lovecraft
MagniVincent
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by MagniVincent »

Down vote on HD or safe tickets.
Overups are one of the most frustrating and yet most rewarding experiences. Cant have everyone with +9s/+10s, would rather work hard to farm and overup.
These users liked this post by MagniVincent
GM Oreki
randgrior

Post by randgrior »

There is an existing reality in many games, as well in Ragnarok, which is: people who pay real money to get the best services or itens. While I do not see anything against it, as any server needs their source of funding, it brings a balance problem.

Enriched and HD ores were only available in the Cash Shop, and as I discussed before, it makes the refining system P2P exclusive, or available to ones with a lot of time. Providing the itens in the Vote 4 Points shop is just a way to even things to the less resourceful players - saving voting points takes months and, by that, those people would have means to access refined gears, albeit at a much slower rate.

There are as many players and playstyles as there are stars in the universe, and yours is one among many. This game is an MMO and needs to be friendly and fair to all, or else, this will turn into a niche and never grow. Though, your point still stands: if there is no rewarding or challenge, then what is the point of a game? That is why I believe the GM said refine tickets is a bit much.

So, as a compromise, considering all sides, is to provide the special ores as itens you can get by playing - surely, making them available, but not easily accessible. Vote 4 Points is just an idea among many other possibilities.

I do not wish to demean your opinion, nor sound arrogant and rude. I apologise for any misunderstandings.

EDIT: it seems I mistook MagniVincent point. He meant the HD ores, not the enriched ones. I apologise.
Implemented or not, they would make little difference, as they do not increase refine chance, they only protect the itens. I am fine not having them in the Vote 4 Points, or just making them available in the Cash Shop for players who wish to pay, as we can have periodic refine events that removes the chances of breaking, like we see on official servers, thus balancing this matter.

H.P. Lovecraft
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi randgrior,

Enriched elunium/oridecon has been added to the vote 4 points shop on today's update Changelog 2022-09-15 but the extra hair styles will be added on the next update.

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!