Reducing MVP Spawn Time [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
tonybarreran

Reducing MVP Spawn Time [closed]

Post by tonybarreran »

I think it would be beneficial for some of the players if we reduced the respawn time of some of the mvps who take too long to respawn and are highly sought after.

I'm refering to mvps like Lady Tanee &Tao Gunka who are heavily hunter after but take a long time to respawn.

Thank you for your time
Aikuzo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Reducing MVP Spawn Time

Post by Aikuzo »

I think if we do that, this server will turn into super high rate because we won't have any more rare items to look forward to. Everything will be super easy. It will be a bit depressing to also see cards like tanee or gloom being sold in the market for only 30MC or less.
LovelyLove
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by LovelyLove »

You can just summon the MVP you want in the MVP room worth 20m.
Also, pay for the room for 10m.

:)
leonardompa2
Has liked: 2 times

Post by leonardompa2 »

Once i've played on a server where MVP's spawn time were reduced by 10x, so we had mvp all the time, then i agree
tonybarreran

Post by tonybarreran »

I believe it would increase player activity since almost every time that I check the MVP tracker I see that almost if not all of the MVPs are dead and I'm left without that much to do if PVP & BG are inactive.

I understand that there are MVP rooms but I don't think increasing MVP Spawn naturally would make MVP Rooms obsolete or unused since there would still be competence to get to the MVP first, But I do believe that increasing it would give starting players a chance, if small, to get to them at some point
Frilly
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Frilly »

I think a more creative solution would be better than just going "Let's 1/2 the spawn time." Or any 1/x the spawn time.

For example. I know there's a script for Bossnia that's just currently inactive. We could turn that into some unique event.

If you want a proposal from me, we should introduce an "Enraged" MVP Event
1 Random "Enraged" MVP spawns during this event, with the following modifiers:
- 2-5x HP (Weaker MVPs have a higher bonus)
- 2x ATK/MATK
- Random Element (IE, Fire 4 Bee)
- Same Map as the current MVP
- @warp <x, y> and @jump <x, y> is disabled on that map
- 2x Drop rate for cards
- Oreki be willing, throw in a chance to get a KOE box at like 5% so that non-pvpers aren't left to dry (maybe could remove the rare koe costumes, but leave the gear or something, hard to say without seeing what Oreki actually will add)
- +10 MVP points for whoever kills it

We can do this 12 times a day or every 2 hours so there's always the next one to look forward to.
This would give 1 MVP card every 2 days on average, or 3.5 a week, which should be very reasonable. I can get 3.5 MVP cards by dumping zeny into the server on a random evening.

I would skew the pull rate of MVPs a bit. For example, the bio3 ones count as 1 single roll chance instead of 6 separate MVPs, so we don't get bio3 every other day. Imo, it's just too hard for common folk and not that fun.
These users liked this post by Frilly
Deathwing
tonybarreran

Post by tonybarreran »

Your event proposal sounds very fun on it's own right. But I'm not sure if it addresses the issue that I'm trying to with mine. It being that some MVP are never really available and many times there isn't any MVP alive to hunt
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Reducing MVP Spawn Time [closed]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi tonybarreran,

Thank you for posting this request, but modifying the MVP Spawn Time is not something we intend to do as there are already several alternatives for MVP hunting.

--

Interesting idea Frilly, we may revisit this another time

--

Topic closed

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!