Race of the Day (ROTD) [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Azure
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Race of the Day (ROTD) [closed]

Post by Azure »

Hi Mind RO Fam,

Race of the day is usually correlated with expedited experience growth, but it can also be used as a means to increase drop rate or even give low chances to drop certain items.

Example. Emistry 2015 ROTD v.3.4

This could be a huge help with closing that econ gap between players that experienced with higher tier MVP hunting and those who are here to grind + PVP / WOE.

A few Suggestions for using this utility script:
  • Possibly take angel type monsters out of the rotation. There is less than 5 I believe in pre-renewal.
  • Add gold coins / Mithril coins at low chance 0.01~5% for that monster. It's always fun randomly receiving 1-5m!
  • Drop rates could be increased by 50% or bumped up to a flat rate of 4% for ROTD monsters. This could be stackable with Bubblegum?

Once again, looking for people to collaborate ideas with. Let's help the dev team construct advancements, the less time for them to think the mor coding time they can invest!
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Race of the Day (ROTD)

Post by thraca »

Hello Azure,

I'm all for extra XP against certain races.

Regarding the addition of GC/MC - As long as its something thats not abusable (AoE spells on venatu with bragi,, or ant eggs where creo can afk farm with homunculus on anthell) where mass amounts can be killed very fast and MC become way too easy to collect. I'd be more on the lines for Gold Coin low drop if thats not something thats avoidable.

Also the drop rates would only be for MVP cards essentially since everything else is 100% drop. Prepare to have asura champions perma camping those race mvp's for the entire 72 hours to collect their cards. That might become an issue or maybe not. I guess it could go either way because at the same time I want to promote more competition.

Looking forward to others opinions as well. Nice topic and idea to discuss Azure.

- thraca / Tier One
Azure

Post by Azure »

In my personal opinion, creator's hom should never trigger autolooting. I believe disabling this is a simple toggle with the current rAthena emulator. Oreki please correct me, it has been a while since I've developed. AFK farming is loophole for botting...

I think we could keep Mithril if we start with the default rate 1x or %0.01 that is the same chance of getting a card on official servers. Which In my opinion is still tough. I would say that we could possibly increase this to %0.5 and still be safe from mass collection. (As long as auto farming is removed...)

Regarding the MVP camping, this is something that is already happening. I get lucky because I sometimes play during hours where no one is online. If anything, I believe this would promote the use of private MVP rooms which promotes Zeny production. Thats really an added bonus to this whole system!
thraca wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:48 am
Regarding the addition of GC/MC - As long as its something thats not abusable (AoE spells on venatu with bragi,, or ant eggs where creo can afk farm with homunculus on anthell) where mass amounts can be killed very fast and MC become way too easy to collect. I'd be more on the lines for Gold Coin low drop if thats not something thats avoidable.

Also the drop rates would only be for MVP cards essentially since everything else is 100% drop. Prepare to have asura champions perma camping those race mvp's for the entire 72 hours to collect their cards. That might become an issue or maybe not. I guess it could go either way because at the same time I want to promote more competition.
emotang
Been liked: 1 time

Post by emotang »

Azure wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:11 pm In my personal opinion, creator's hom should never trigger autolooting. I believe disabling this is a simple toggle with the current rAthena emulator. Oreki please correct me, it has been a while since I've developed. AFK farming is loophole for botting...

I think we could keep Mithril if we start with the default rate 1x or %0.01 that is the same chance of getting a card on official servers. Which In my opinion is still tough. I would say that we could possibly increase this to %0.5 and still be safe from mass collection. (As long as auto farming is removed...)

Regarding the MVP camping, this is something that is already happening. I get lucky because I sometimes play during hours where no one is online. If anything, I believe this would promote the use of private MVP rooms which promotes Zeny production. Thats really an added bonus to this whole system!
Private MVP rooms is a zeny sink not production, which would also stabilize market value to a degree. Private MVP room is great but the cost of summoning a specific MVP is 20m each drop, now assuming you got bubble gum to stack with the increased MVP card rate. You'd have to also assume that the MVP card is worth AT LEAST 40MC to be profitable. (unless you have insane luck and or insane amounts of time to mass farm zeny to spawn mvps)

Regarding MVP camping, MVPs are camped on EVERY server, low, mid, high, super high. Every MVP is camped when there is a population of people that are able and willing to hunt that MVP. Out of my roughly 2 weeks here i've only had 0 competition on Kiel 1 time. And i camped it on spawn for a good 5 days while out with Covid.

Also +1 to removing autoloot from homunculus
Azure

Post by Azure »

emotang wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:37 am Private MVP room is great but the cost of summoning a specific MVP is 20m each drop, now assuming you got bubble gum to stack with the increased MVP card rate. You'd have to also assume that the MVP card is worth AT LEAST 40MC to be profitable. (unless you have insane luck and or insane amounts of time to mass farm zeny to spawn mvps)
20 million does seem a bit steep, but beginner set up for sniper is able to farm 20 mil in less than 20 mins. Meaning you can spawn whatever MVP you want fairly quickly. If you farmed for 1 hour, you could amass 120m+ allowing you to summon over 6 MVP per hour.

Regarding the profit of using the MVP room, correct, MVP card prices are generated by their usefulness. With the new card recycling they will hold much more value since you will be able to cash cards like Dracula and Atroce in for points. Having this in place aligns the market and creates use for hunting ALL MVP. MVP rooms are designed to spawn your needs and avoid competition. There is always a price for cutting the line, haha :P
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Race of the Day (ROTD) [closed]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you Azure for making this request, but this particular one is not very fitting for our server.

Leveling up is already quite fast with the 300% Battle Manuals and the drop rate is already 100%. This will only affect cards on the Private MVP Room (focusing the race on the corresponding day) which we're not sure we really need at this point.

I'm looking forward for the implementation of your other request "Card Recycle" on the next update after this. It's a really good idea.

Regarding Homunculus autoloot, as per our Server Rules, Homunculus AI is only allowed while the player is not AFK. Any infringement will result in a permanent ban to all the player's game accounts. We check for this daily, and so far, no one has been caught breaking this rule.

Topic closed!

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!