Card Recycle [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Azure
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Card Recycle [fulfilled]

Post by Azure »

Hi All!

I would love to see a system where we could cash in cards for prizes such as bloody branches, higher tier equipment, other usable items, Currencies, etc.

Objective -
  • Create use case for 100% drop rate on basic cards
  • Scaling value of unused MVP cards
  • Maintain the classic gameplay while increasing QOL
  • Another method for people to obtain items that enjoy endless hunting instead of MVP or PVP
The Ideology to this system: NPC will rotate a list of x normal, Mini, MVP monsters every 3 days. This dynamic set up will prevent item and hunting map inflation as well as the decrease the amount of dev time needed for creating quests that include card-based items. This allows the player to save up points and use them freely instead of being locked into a quest.

Example: Current Twin Edge Swords Quest.

How it works:
  1. NPC displays a menu with color coded text monster names: Normal (Black), Miniboss (Blue), MVP (Gold)
  2. The Menu will have a predefined number of monsters: Normal (5), Mini(1), MVP(3)
  3. While the monster select menu is open a window should display the number of points each: Normal (1 Point), Miniboss (100), MVP (500)
  4. NPC will only allow a cash out of 1500 points every 72 hours.
  5. NPC will shuffle the monsters every 72 hours.
  6. NPC should have menu option to view shop and list all items that are buyable with points

Thanks for reading! Would love to collaborate this idea with others to better refine it and work out any kinks. Developers let me know what you think! I would be happy to help code some of this as well or at least help navigate the code logic.
These users liked this post by Azure
GM Oreki
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Card Recycle [approved]

Post by GM Oreki »

Thank you Azure for taking the time to make this request.

It's approved but will be added on the update after this coming one. We already have a lot of things to add on this one )

Until then feel free to add any details for this.

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
luubii
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by luubii »

+1 if only costumes.

there is WAY TO MANY mvp cards already out there, for us that are just starting on the server it becomes no fun at all. If you playing solo like me there's no way to do the MVP room or MVP tower so we just go against other players, some old people already have tanee, gloom, kiel, some stuffs that make "impossible" to compete for the mvp.

So in my point they will just monotize on top of this itens if we put something too OP.
as a sidenote, the server should think about somthing for the old players and the ammount of MVP cards they have already.

PVP RANK top player - 5 kills.
MVP RANK top player - 1k (kills)
and thats only on the past 60 days lol
Dexter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Dexter »

luubii wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:25 pm +1 if only costumes.

there is WAY TO MANY mvp cards already out there, for us that are just starting on the server it becomes no fun at all. If you playing solo like me there's no way to do the MVP room or MVP tower so we just go against other players, some old people already have tanee, gloom, kiel, some stuffs that make "impossible" to compete for the mvp.

So in my point they will just monotize on top of this itens if we put something too OP.
as a sidenote, the server should think about somthing for the old players and the ammount of MVP cards they have already.

Come on bro!

1. Make a creator + a clown + a champ with steel body with starter gear in 1 day.
2. Play some auto events and get some zeny in the next couple of days.
3. Let's say you got 100m zeny, that's the cost for 3 entrances to Elite MVP Tower hard mode with your crea + clown + SB champ, meaning 90 easy MVP kills...

You will get nowhere if you don't get yourself up to speed with what the server is offering. That's why you don't see any good player complaining.
Dexter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Dexter »

+1 for the idea btw
luubii
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by luubii »

Dexter wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:23 pm
luubii wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:25 pm +1 if only costumes.

Come on bro!

1. Make a creator + a clown + a champ with steel body with starter gear in 1 day.
2. Play some auto events and get some zeny in the next couple of days.
3. Let's say you got 100m zeny, that's the cost for 3 entrances to Elite MVP Tower hard mode with your crea + clown + SB champ, meaning 90 easy MVP kills...

You will get nowhere if you don't get yourself up to speed with what the server is offering. That's why you don't see any good player complaining.
good point!
1- I have all those and thankfully I'm full equips at this point ( not counting MVP cards )
2 - always playing different games leaving my char online which means LOTS of gold coins, believe me. zeny is not the problem <3
3 - sounds interesting if my idea was trying to solo play and conquer the world maybe, I appreciate your insight and I think its a valid point, but my perspective is, I don't grind anymore, I play for fun to meet people and have fun GvG/PvP. Unfortunately is not what's happening that's why Im giving my insight, the fact that you don't see any "good" players because the server has a pick of 70 players online if you count Merchs and Multiclients. you can shrink that to what ? 25/30 players max ? half of that started way ago ( which is not the point here, I'm not complaining lol ) so MY WHOLE POINT, is pretty much if do this y'all will get all the equips since you have stacked cards just floating in the storage, while the new ones don't, its just a perspective not a rule or complaint, but again thank you for showing me a different look on this.
These users liked this post by luubii
Dexter
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

This has been fulfilled in today's update (Changelog 2022-09-26). The implementation is different however to better suit our server. The card recycle NPC takes any MVP card and randomly gives 50 ~ 100 MVP points in return.

The recycle NPC location is <prontera 164 146>

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!