PVP System Improvement (KoE, PVP, BG) [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

PVP System Improvement (KoE, PVP, BG) [fulfilled]

Post by thraca »

Hello Oreki,

I would like to propose several improvements to the current PVP System (KoE, Battle Grounds, PvP Room) to entice players to participate more frequently. Suggestions listed below.

Alternating KoE event time for more regional access
-DELETED DUE TO OTHER THREAD BEING ADDRESSED

BG Badges and Happy Hour
Proposing to have number of badges increased from BG. In the current state of BG activity and how detrimental a PVP scene is for the success of a server I propose for badges to be doubled from the current rate they are now, while still implementing a happy hour on the weekends (maybe 3x badges from current rate on weekends). This would entice players to actively participate while working towards new BG equips and other BG vendor items and etc. Additionally, if happy hour was a daily occurring event for a few hours, that would also boost the amount of players that frequent BG. I believe doing anything to promote more BG activity on the server will have a positive effect on the community.

BG Map Polishing

Healer NPC's (all modes) - The healer on the BG maps force you to open storage every time you attempt to heal (which is after every single death) which I believe should be removed due to most players being able to utilize @storage as well as most are already carrying all necessary items at the beginning of each match.

Domination - The NPC's in the flag room (where you go upon death) that allow you to respawn at certain tactical locations on the map (north, center, south flags). After speaking with any of these three NPC's, they all give the same text that you will be warping to the center flag location while they do in fact warp you to the correct location you asked for.

Triple Inferno
This one I might be mistaken, but as far as I can tell not all of the respawn locations have a healer to obtain buffs from upon death. I believe that the east and north sides do have a healer, but I am pretty sure that the west team does not have one. Please correct me if i'm incorrect on this one. Additionally if possible, make it possible to start triple inferno with two players, this will allow if two players are keeping BG alive to move along to the next event and not quit (which essentially loses two potential players for the next round) of domination or Team Deathmatch. Also the amount of points necessary to end Triple Inferno seems out of balance compared to TDM and Domination in regards to the amount of time it takes to finish these BG matches and could possibly be reduced.

PVP Room
Currently there is minimal activity in the actual PVP room. This makes it very difficult for players to obtain costumes from the PVP Shop NPC. Propose to reduce cost of these costumes, or allow players to obtain PVP tokens while completing full rounds of BG (maybe 2 pvp tokens for team win, 1 pvp token for team loss) to make these more accessible. This one is very flexible and am very open to other suggestions, am only stating it because for many players obtaining enough credits to purchase one of these costumes is a very difficult task.

Thanks for considering.
-thraca / Tier One
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: PVP System Improvement (KoE, PVP, BG) [approved]

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi thraca,

Everything is approved and will be implemented on the coming update except for the PVP Room part. I agree that the PvP shop needs to have more PvP incentives but I don't think it's the costumes cost.

More incentives and costumes will be added on PvP Shop this coming update. We can look into this again then.

Thanks!
These users liked this post by GM Oreki
thraca

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
luubii
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by luubii »

GM Oreki wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:01 am
So with all respect, I have to disagree, once ANYONE gets in the PVP someone else goes there to either kill the person, fight or have fun, after a while it dies.
I think there are plenty of people out there just sitting in some main city doing nothing, if have more people on the PVP or something that makes PVP attractive, deff would be more active.
If you think about it, once you get FULL EQUIPS, it only last hunting MVP cards, we don't have WOE's, KOE is on weekend I think? I never played or seen anyone play since I joined the server, so if you are waiting on a MVP time what else are you gonna do? leave your char AFK anywhere to grab coins and that's it, that's why you go to Control Panel / Maps, 95% is on the city, and ( I'm checking rn ) there are 3 people in yuno_fild03, and ONE in pay_fild10, and that's it! no one else...

I don't wanna say but I don't think will have consistency in growing or even reach high peaks of players if there is no attraction for them to stay.
GM Oreki wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:01 am More costumes will be added on PvP Shop this coming update. We can look into this again then.
Thanks!
This is the last thing we need now @_@ we have a big list of Costumes available I'd say.. shouldn't we try to focus on Utilities (?)
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

luubii wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:54 am
Hi luubii,

No need to worry about priorities/focus. All approved requests/suggestions will be implemented on the announced coming update (15th September) with nothing left out.

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
luubii
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by luubii »

lol, yea I guess y'all know what you doing...
These users liked this post by luubii
GM Oreki