Harassment/Griefing

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
LovelyLove
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 9 times

Harassment/Griefing

Post by LovelyLove »

Hello Everyone :)

I want to report a player name Tier One
I know MVP hunting is free for all and I dont really mind someone KSing...
But intentionally luring mobs to the MVP you killing is harassment/griefing.

For context:
I was killing Satan Morrocc and its down to 30% hp then he showed up with his LK.
Satan Morroc is now 20% hp and now he start mobbing and leaving it.
He was luring the mobs he can find especially those who heal.
From 20% its now to 60% hp and after a couple of mins its back to 100% hp.
So I just let him have it because it wont stop unless someone give up.
Mins passed and he killed it with his Champion.
Its clearly harassment/griefing so he can have it for himself.

What im worried about is for the new players.
They are excited killing a MVP then all of a sudden someone intentionally lure so many mobs so they will give up.
Also that kind of attitude reflects on the server, new players will get the impression that our server is bad because of harassment/griefing.
These users liked this post by LovelyLove
piggybank
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Harassment/Griefing

Post by thraca »

Hi Lovely

I want to point out that while I understand the point of your post but there is a couple things worth clarifying.

1. The statement you provided that mentions:
So I just let him have it because it wont stop unless someone give up.
Mins passed and he killed it with his Champion.
Its clearly harassment/griefing so he can have it for himself.

I find it hard to take you seriously with this considering the proof that is here that you did not just stop and let the mvp be taken. I have no issue at all with staying on map to ensure you collected the mvp, but coming here and making a forum post under the guise that you were upset and got nothing out of your time invested is very misleading. (Mention the name on the tomb and timestamp below)

2. There is a statement in this same forum (https://forum.mindro.org/viewtopic.php?t=48) that makes a very good point regarding this post.

MVP hunting is free for all. Please use @autoloot if you don't want your items to be taken by others.
Because of this statement and for all of RO history it is nearly impossible to set rules for MVP'ing unless there is direct watch from GM. It is clearly a he said/she said viewpoint. I understand if somebody is griefing by having zero intent to kill and only ruin it for others, however once WSM was back to 100%hp it was taken to a different part of the map and killed with the intent to achieve the drops you earned regardless.

3. I find it very hypocritical regarding making this statement of yours:

What im worried about is for the new players.
They are excited killing a MVP then all of a sudden someone intentionally lure so many mobs so they will give up.
Also that kind of attitude reflects on the server, new players will get the impression that our server is bad because of harassment/griefing.

The fact that you will take this stand as if you care about the new players is quite the stance to take regarding you have the notorious reputation for glitching the Tao Gunka MVP tombstone since ive joined this server nearly two months ago. If your going to say that it is not fair for someone to be excited to kill an mvp and give up because they cant achieve it, what do you think players think when they go to the same map for almost five hours and it is still not alive due to someone abusing a known glitch even though the website says its alive.
This behavior is explicitly against the rules (which i'm sure you know about) listed once again here (https://forum.mindro.org/viewtopic.php?t=48).
Do not exploit bugs. Report them immediately on the Bug Report forum.

(Mention the name of the tomb below and timestamp for tomb)
(This screenshot taken promptly after the last)

Lovely I know were all here to play and have fun so I apologize if I did take some of your enjoyment out of the game when I challenged WSM earlier. I will not use the same method to try and get a chance to challenge it and obtain drops myself because I see now that it upset you this much. Regardless I do not think the approach you used to attempt to paint a picture of you being victimized is very appropriate regarding your own behavior in this server and tactics you use yourself. I said my case and I'll let you deal with the explanation of glitching TGK tomb for the last several months.
-Thraca / Tier One
These users liked this post by thraca (total 2):
siangza, piggybank
siangza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by siangza »

Hey Lovely,
If I remember correctly, you not only Glitch the TGK tombstone but you did that on Satan Morroc ,VR and Kiel before, that why many players like Lup Cheong & TomboiLuii quitted this server.
New player? You been camping Doppel everyday and never give chance to new player as well. :)
These users liked this post by siangza
piggybank
piggybank
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by piggybank »

It's no wonder that I have never seen Tao alive even when the tracker said otherwise. If what thraca and siangza said is true, then it is very hypocritical of lovely to criticize others. Preventing other players from a certain MVP by using glitch/exploit is, indeed, against the server rules then there should be repercussion.

I make no judgement here as I have no evidence to provide other than he said she said; so I'll let GM investigate it further.

-piggybank
These users liked this post by piggybank
siangza
LovelyLove
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by LovelyLove »

Hello Everyone :)

Thanks for the replies. Ill address them all.

Thraca / Tier One
1. I stop hitting the WSM because its no use since youre luring mobs that heal. I was just hoping that my damage was enough to make me the MVP which I doubt because the HP of WSM is back to 100% and luckily it did. Im not upset but your method is clearly wrong which is Harassment/Griefing.

2. Yes I stated that rule - MVP hunting is free for all. Please use @autoloot if you don't want your items to be taken by others which I really dont have a problem but theres also a rule that - Rules are not limited to those written here. Just because it is not specifically mentioned does not mean it is allowed. Please use common sense. Harassment/Griefing is widely known as illegal on ALL server.

3. I really do care with the new players like answering all their questions, hunting with them or just give them the items they need. I even give them some MCs and GCs. The topic here is your Harassment/Griefing but I will also address the tombstone glitch/bug. If I remember it correctly, this was reported by Lotus Fantasy (guildmate) a long time ago. I didnt know if this was address since he got ban. The Tao Gunka MVP tombstone is not glitch or bugged because it perfectly shows the time of death. It is doing its purpose. On the website, it says "Potentially" Alive. No need to explain that part. So you go and find the tombstone to get the exact time and if its not alive, you just have to do some bacsic math. Time of Death + Respawn Time of MVP - Current Time = Time Remaining to Respawn. Thats it!

Thraca / Tier One Apology accepted. Im not upset and I love a challenge because it makes me excited. I wasnt even mad that you KS last time the WSM when I was doing all the work. We both just laugh at it on the main channel. The prob is your method is wrong which is Harassment/Griefing. Looking forward competing with you on MVPs. :mrgreen:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

siangza

Like I said, the tombstone is not glitch or bugged because it perfectly shows the time of death.
Idk about Lup Cheong but I remember TomboiLuii because that player is also doing a Harassment/Griefing.
I also think hes using a bot because hes using 2 Champs at the same time but im not sure.
Is it wrong to camp? Whoever tele to Doppel first will be the MVP. Its just a game of luck.
If you see me camping then ask me to have the Doppel by yourself then Ill gladly go. Its not that hard to ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

piggybank

The tombstone is not glitch or bugged because it perfectly shows the time of death.
siangza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by siangza »

"I also think hes using a bot because hes using 2 Champs at the same time but im not sure."
Nope, they're 2 friends playing, I played with them before.

Well I dont think you get the point what me and tier one trying to say on TGK tombstone/office status.
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

I've read all your posts here.

In short there are two problems that need addressing, first is bringing monsters to an MVP's location as a way to compete for the MVP while an other player is fighting it, and the second is the glitch regarding the MVP Tracker on our website.

Starting with the first. What is meant by "MVP hunting is free for all" is that everyone is free to fight and kill MVP monsters and whoever gets the loot gets it. As the highest damager, it is your responsibility to be in the map and alive when the MVP receives the last hit so you can get the loot yourself.

Bringing monsters to the MVP's location is basically assisting the MVP against the other player, it does not fall under the statement of "MVP hunting is free for all" because you're not trying to kill the MVP, you're doing something else entirely.

But it is understandable how this can be misinterpreted from "MVP hunting is free to all" to "Competing for MVPs is okay in any way possible". I don't think the player had any malicious intentions, it's just that not everything possible in the game is always fair and sometimes we don't notice the difference. As a rule that should always be followed, avoid any tactics that go against the intended purpose of things when others are involved and without their approval, otherwise you will end up disturbing and harassing them unintentionally.

No player will be punished this time, but I hope this does not happen again.

As for the MVP Tracker glitch. what the glitch exactly was is that if a player kills an MVP in its map and warps very fast on the last hit to an other map, the kill gets recorded as if it happened in the second map, therefore the tracker thinks that the MVP is still alive in its original map.

I'm aware that the player who mostly used this glitch is "Lovely" but there is a possibility of it happening unintentionally and regardless of how the opposite is probable, punishments are only done with irrefutable evidence.

The glitch has been fixed today, so it's no longer a problem.

With this, I hope everything is addressed.

Topic closed!
These users liked this post by GM Oreki
LovelyLove

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!