Item Moves Restrictions Update [fulfilled]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
thraca
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Item Moves Restrictions Update [fulfilled]

Post by thraca »

Hello Oreki,

While I understand the intent of not allowing BG badges to be traded, I would like to point out that there is a significant amount of equipment that has various restrictions from both the Quest NPC as well as the Battleground shop.

Several of current restriction examples are :
Rainbow Scarf -No drop, storage, cart, mail, trade guild storage, sell to npc
Donut in Mouth - No drop but everything else allowed
Robo Eyes - No drop but everything else allowed
Ramen Hat - No drop, storage, cart, mail, trade, guild storage, sell to npc
Spiked Scarf - No drop, storage, cart, mail, trade, guild storage, sell to npc
Fathers White Moustache - No drop, cart, mail, trade, guild storage, sell to npc
All BG Items and Usables (including Gold Coin) - Some are No to all, Some are no to all but still allow storage which bypass prior restrictions
All BG Weapons / Armors / Accessories - No drop, storage, cart, mail, trade, guild storage

I believe that it would be a good gesture towards the economy to remove all of these non-consistent restrictions on items in the Quest NPC as well as the Battleground Shop. I can state from prior experience that I have farmed a certain quest item on my sniper due to the ease of hunting the items on this class with the intent to put it on another, but was stuck with it due to it not being-tradable. I also believe that allowing people to trade BG items, weapons, armors and accessories would be a great addition to the market place possibilities. I doubt every person here wants to do the grind for a +9 glorious weapon, but I would safely assume there are several people here if given the opportunity would be willing to buy it off of another player for a large amount of MC.

Just my two cents on making things smoother and more opportunistic in the marketplace. Thanks for reading.
-Thraca
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Item Moves Restrictions Update

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi Thraca,

Thank you for reporting this. Some of the items you mentioned indeed had unintentional restrictions, but others did not have any restrictions:

These items had unintentional restrictions and the restrictions are now removed:
- Rainbow Scarf
- Ramen Hat
- Spiked Scarf
- Fathers White Moustache

These items already had no restrictions:
- Donut in Mouth
- Robo Eyes
- Battlegrounds Usables

Make sure you don't have this option checked:
    Untitled.png
    Untitled.png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 6108 times
    As for battleground equipments and the War Badge item. They are intentionally storable but not tradable in order not to encourage BG dual clienting abuse. We will remove these restrictions too once a better BG anti-abuse system is set in place in a coming update soon.

If you find any other item with unnecessary restrictions, it's probably unintentional, please let me know and we can remove them immediately.

Thanks!

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!
    thraca

Re: Item Moves Restrictions Update [fulfilled]

Post by thraca »

Oreki when you look at the items and usables in the battleground shop and hover your mouse over the restrictions it lists multiple. Is this a client side glitch?
    GM Oreki
    Administrator

Post by GM Oreki »

thraca wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:27 pm Oreki when you look at the items and usables in the battleground shop and hover your mouse over the restrictions it lists multiple. Is this a client side glitch?
    Yes, that's just in the client side. There are no actual restrictions when you transfer the items

thraca

Post by thraca »

Alright thank you for the information. The donut in mouth and robo eyes also list no drop when hovering over the restrictions which led me to include them in the parent post. Appreciate the info Oreki.
    These users liked this post by thraca
    GM Oreki
    GM Oreki
    Administrator

Post by GM Oreki »

Update:

Battleground dual clienting has been completely disabled.

Battleground equipments and war badge don't have any move restrictions now.

Run MindRO-Patchet.exe to fix client side move restrictions.

Topic closed