Idea: Hunting Missions

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
MagniVincent
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Idea: Hunting Missions

Post by MagniVincent »

Just a random suggestion :)

1. Hunting Missions NPC where you're tasked to either kill certain monsters or gather certain items.
2. Missions can refresh daily/weekly/etc.
3. Players can either get Mithril Coins or Hunter Points where they can go to a shop to redeem items/costumes. :)
Rei

Re: Idea: Hunting Missions

Post by Rei »

I would love to get some chill quests like this.
Not for mithril coins, since we have enough events for them buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, maybe a other system with his own little shop. Maybe to get some items out of the cash-shop?
Or high tier mvp gear?

Bomb your ideas my friends, I like that basic idea.
tvrdburger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by tvrdburger »

I love this hunting mission. Yea maybe in exchange for a high tier item or maybe just for mats or costume. Like Buff boxes or whatever.
MagniVincent

Post by MagniVincent »

Just reviving this thread. Maybe this can be implemented, GM? :)
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Post by randgrior »

I do not wish to be mean-spirited, but the server has the Quest Master NPC for that purpose. Having "Hunting Missions" would be redundant, as it is, essencially, the same thing: the player kills monsters and/or gathers itens to trade in the corresponding shop.
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft
MagniVincent

Post by MagniVincent »

No trouble at all. Opinions are well welcomed.

Yes, Quest Master NPC does have a similar function, but also not the same as in some servers I've played in, they would have separate NPCs for it.

It really depends on the prize though, going off of Rei and tvdrburger's comments, either high-end gear or unique costumes for this would be a nice.

Personally, I rarely see the high-end MVPs like WSM or Valk alive since the same people camp it so this might be an appealing alternative way to go for some of the high end gear. Would reco these have tougher gather or hunt quests though.
randgrior
Been liked: 11 times

Post by randgrior »

I understand your point, and you raise a fair concern: the hardships for MVP hunting due to competition. Some of their drops are available in the Cash Shop, however, many players, I for one, find it more rewarding if I get the item myself by playing.
To solve this problem, I see 2 possible solutions: put some of their gears in the Quest Master NPC shop, and/or the MVP shop (though this method would probably bring consequences to the market); or make a private MVP room to use Bloody Branches on, each kill counting for points as well, contrary to the Elite MVP Tower Instance.
Speaking of the dungeon itself, while it helps you farm, the most sought out boss monsters only spam on level 31 or above, on hard or insane difficulties, totalling 40 or 50 levels.

Regarding costumes, those things can be implemented whenever a server update happens. I think there is a specific section for such suggestions in the forum, in "Development Requests".
Once more the ancient feast returns,
And the bright hearth domestic burns
With Yuletide's added blaze;
So, too, may all your joys increase
Midst floods of mem'ry, love, and peace,
And dreams of Halcyon days.

H.P. Lovecraft