NPC UX improvements

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
magicfoobar
Has liked: 5 times

NPC UX improvements

Post by magicfoobar »

Hi,

first of all this is not about changing any chances of success. It's just about less clicking and waiting while refining, enchanting, socketing stuff.

I farmed a bit less then 600 of Book of Mother Earth yesterday with the goal to socket as much as possible to get 2 of them to +10.
I only farmed that book because I would only have to spam enter and left click for the socketing attempt. It took forever to click to the whole dialog everytime again and again. I also adjusted the position of the windows so that I can spam left click on npc and enter to press next button as fast as possible and also start dialog again after the attempt. Brain-AFK but with the need to always click as fast as possible.

My point is that it takes a long time and if you want to socket Black Leather Boots it takens even longer because you have to navigate (you sure can build up some muscle memory but one wrong click and you need to start all over again). Also keep in mind that a failure means more clicking so all the clicking might be for nothing in the end.

The enchantment process is also not the best experience. You are not allowed to enchant an Armor in your inventory if you wear the same (Drobe for example). That means you always need to only have one in inventory and after it breaks you need to get another one from your storage. Also the waiting animation is totally not neccessary.

tldr:

My suggestion would be following:
* shorten the text of those NPCs (there is no reason for five pages of text before choosing weapon/armor or quality)
* remove any progressbar animation which is just wasting time (I don't mind that LoV animation on socketing success as it doesn't prevent you from clicking further)
* maybe let the script check if you have gear which can be enchanted/socketed
* allow upgrade/refinement of multiple items in inventory of the same type for faster upgrading because upgrading 80 items to +4 or +5 after each other really takes some time