Target-Player-Only command

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
Akshani
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Target-Player-Only command

Post by Akshani »

Hello there,

I would like to propose a major QoL option/command in the settings.

TL;DR:

-->"Target Players Only" e.g. /tpo
or like -->"Target Enemy Players Only" /tepo, while holding down a certain key

or at least
-->"Snap attack/skill to (Enemy) Player", similar to the general "snap attack" or "snap item" etc.

---------------------------

Context:

Since RO is a very old game at its core, it is understandable why the game doesn't have a proper targeting system or target frames etc.
Which comes along with frustrating loopholes or exploits rather. To counter it, well one has to have counterplay against it either naturally by class or by having alternate gear to change up skills. Which is an unreasonable thing to ask against an archaic and frustrating exploitative, most likely unintended, mechanic/function.
I came across that sometime ago during WoE and it was super annoying but was too lazy to post a QoL suggestion about it. I come across that "abuse" quite frequently whenever the situation allows that.
I'm not good with the WoE castle names etc. but e.g. the one map where the defender can setup up barriers that need to be destroyed in order for the attacker to advance, the attackers hide pretty much inside the barrier so they can hardly be targeted.
Another example would be to hide inside the emperium or even as a defender, beefy targets can hide inside the emperium to make it harder for the attacker to target emp etc.

I got recently reminded by that frustration during a rush bg against one of my guildmates who hid inside the emperium which rendered him almost untargetable to me, he was able to destroy the emperium rather slowly and i was unable to interrupt him but pretty much just watch. In order to counter it consistently I probably wouldve needed a whole different set of gear in my inventory (I'm already at my weight limit) and try to spam meteor assault (my stat distribution wouldve probably not been good for MA spam anyway). And even if I was able to spam MA, its easily outpottable.
This is very unintuitative, unhealthy and frustrating imo. For such an unintended bad/archaic design, counter strategies shouldn't be necessary, because it has nothing to do with skill.

Another situation would be the gazillion pets sometimes walking around in PvP, which get accidently targeted and therefore absorb crucial abilities.

Especially, auto-attacking those targets/players is frustrating.

I'm also sure that not everybody is "abusing" that intentionally whoever happens to do that.

In modern games including MMOs and MOBAs but also other old MMOs, besides the fact that they have actualy target frames, they almost always provide an option as proposed above "Target Enemy Players Only" etc.

---------------------------

I hope that this is something possible to implement in technical terms.

Thank you