Disable Loki's Veil on WoE [closed]

The place to make development requests for the next updates (example: requesting a headgear quest).
omgwtfbbqstx

Re: Disable Loki's Veil on WoE

Post by omgwtfbbqstx »

Dexter wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:50 pm To iterate, the current status of my request is on hold until we try a few more times.

I hope the GM doesn't take any approving/disapproving action until I get back to this a couple weeks from now.
I dont understand this statement, could you please clarify?

So you will try to counter the strategy for a few more weeks, what if you succeed? it will retain? if not, it will be disabled? I know you are very influential in this server but please consider others as well and not what only favors one party.

For perspective, Loki's Veil, Defender and other skills are not disabled in official RO for so many years without outcry, if you are confident enough to say that we casual players in this little private server are better than GvG teams out there at balancing this game. Then what could we say, probably we just need to adjust to your likings.

https://irowiki.org/wiki/War_of_Emperium

We need healthy competition, not a toxic one. We need to keep this server alive!
Dexter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Dexter »

omgwtfbbqstx wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:15 am
Dexter wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:50 pm To iterate, the current status of my request is on hold until we try a few more times.

I hope the GM doesn't take any approving/disapproving action until I get back to this a couple weeks from now.
I dont understand this statement, could you please clarify?

So you will try to counter the strategy for a few more weeks, what if you succeed? it will retain? if not, it will be disabled? I know you are very influential in this server but please consider others as well and not what only favors one party.
It's a simple statement that I will try to share more feedback at a later time. There is really nothing to clarify about this.

I don't think my opinion is better than anyone's or that requests should be decided based on the experience of a single player just because of their contribution in the community. I do think that all feedback is important and if it takes a reasonable length of time to give more feedback we should wait before the GM makes a final decision.
nerodatas
Been liked: 2 times

Post by nerodatas »

Dexter wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:47 pm Hi guys,

I'm not saying this because we lost the castle because of this skill today /heh . Even if we won and we were the ones using Loki's Veil I would still suggest that it's disabled in WoE because it's just unfair for the opposing side especially in first edition woe.

/lv
You just have to come up with a better argument to make your case Dexter. Objectively, calling a tactics unfair won't make the cut. Especially, i must say it must've been the first time you saw the skill been executed rather efficiently (not perfectly) alongside with the other skills and tactics.

Expound further how and why it is unfair or isn't.
That should make your case.

You're a kind and strategic man.
hard2handle2
Been liked: 2 times

Post by hard2handle2 »

We all play in the same server and as players we all have a say on this topic. Oreki will always have the last say on this but I do hope that he considers every points raised on the argument. As players, we should also be mindful of what we say, just stick to the topic, present your Ideas why it should be kept enabled or disabled. This will make it easier for Oreki to decide. For the past months that I've played on this server I've observed that the goal of the server is to have a balanced server which I believe Oreki was able to achieve. This is by far the most balanced server that I have played and I really enjoy it.

Back to the main topic, Loki's Veil. Again, I am against the Idea of disabling it under the grounds that the opposing team have only deemed it to be an unfair skill. I do not find any unfairness with the Skill, as what I've read from one of the above-comments it is more of a "strategy" and when executed very well it can give you the upper hand on the battlefield. If it caused an imbalance in the server and if there was no way to even counter it I would've agreed to the idea of disabling the skill but so far I don't see any reasons to disable the skill since there are various ways to counter it. also, Clown is one of the most unused classes on the server for pvp and I think this just gives a spotlight to this class so why bother disabling one of its skills. /lv
hazyhaze /sigh
GM Oreki
Administrator
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by GM Oreki »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for making this request Dexter and to everyone for sharing their opinion.

I understand that you want to share more inputs for consideration before hearing a decision but regardless, this is not something that needs to be disabled.

I suggest leading your assault with fully buffed tank classes /no1

Topic closed

Enjoying MindRO? Help others find it - leave a review on RMS!