Times for WoE

All talk related to MindRO and Ragnarok Online.
Choi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Times for WoE

Post by Choi »

Hi all,

I wanted to make a thread about current times for WoE and what would be more inclusive times for other players to be able to WoE.

As of now, for my guild which is mainly NA based, the times of the Woe make it so that only a Saturday WoE and a Tuesday WoE are accessible to us. I can understand if this was convenient for the vast majority of the player base on this server, but I don't think that is the case.

To provide some context here, NA is generally going to be from Pacific Time (GMT-7) to Eastern Time (GMT-4). As I am aware that there are a lot of players from the Philippines in this server, I will include (GMT+8).

The current times for WoE are:
  • Tuesday
    - 4AM (GMT), 9PM – 12AM (PST to EST), 12AM (GMT+8)
    - 4PM (GMT), 9AM – 12PM (PST to EST), 12PM (GMT+8)
  • Thursday
    - 8AM (GMT), 1AM – 4AM (PST to EST), 4PM (GMT+8)
    - 8PM (GMT), 1PM – 4PM (PST to EST), 4AM (GMT+8)
  • Saturday
    - 1AM (GMT), 6PM – 9PM (PST to EST), 9AM (GMT+8)
    - 1PM (GMT), 6AM – 9AM (PST to EST), 9PM (GMT+8)
Some generalizations that I have that might be biased towards my own experiences: Generally, people are available during their times from 6PM – 12AM on weekdays. Generally, people are available during their times from 9AM-2AM on weekends. I wanted to know if we could move these times so that there are more times available for more people.

My recommendations (open to feedback!!) are:
  • Tuesday
    - 4AM (GMT), 9PM – 12AM (PST to EST), 12PM (GMT+8)
    - 4PM (GMT), 9AM – 12PM (PST to EST), 12AM (GMT+8)
  • Thursday
    - 2PM (GMT), 7AM – 10AM (PST to EST), 10PM (GMT+8) Would this be better for players in Asia?
    - 2AM (GMT), 7PM – 10PM (PST to EST), 10AM (GMT+8)
  • Saturday
    - 10AM(GMT), 3PM – 6PM (PST to EST), 6AM (GMT+8)
    - 1PM (GMT), 6AM – 9AM (PST to EST), 9PM (GMT+8)
Alternatively, we could have one Saturday WoE and one Sunday WoE:
  • Saturday
    - 5AM (GMT), 10PM – 1AM (PST to EST), 1PM (GMT+8)
  • Sunday
    - 5PM (GMT), 10AM – 1PM (PST to EST), 1AM (GMT+8)
The separate day Woes would allow people in NA and Asia to WoE together on the weekends!

However, I wanted to get an idea from other people on this server on what their thoughts are. Are there significant populations on this server that aren’t in those timezones or close to those timezones? Which WoE times are the most populated and which ones are the least populated?
These users liked this post by Choi
piggybank
Manyakis Ng Buhay Mo
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Times for WoE

Post by Manyakis Ng Buhay Mo »

the whole idea for the woe times was to have players around the world able to join not all times but at least some. so far the woe times we have now seems to work for majority around the world. so readjusting it just so you can join " ALL OF THEM" would be a bit excessive /hmm .
Choi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Times for WoE

Post by Choi »

Yeah, I totally agree with that!! That's why I wanted to get some feedback from everyone else, including people who aren't in those timezones. That being said, I did have EU people in mind while making this list. The intention wasn't to make it so that NA players can join all of them, and the recommendations I put don't make it so that we would be able to attend all of them e.g. if we don't do the saturday-sunday version, I can only participate in 3 of them.